- What it is: The bull float is a magnesium blade that is initially run across the surface of the slab in the finishing process.
- Purpose: Bull floats correct imperfections in the initial screeding process.
- Size: Approximately 8” x 36” in size but sizes do vary.
- What it is: The fresno may look similar to the bull float, but its blade is made of tempered or “blue” steel. The fresno should only be used following the bull float.
- Purpose: The fresno is applied after the bull float to better seal the surface of the slab.
- Size: Approximately 6” x 36” but sizes do vary.